Matt "Baby Boy" Cruz
Hip Hop Instructor
Also known as "Babyboy" Matthew was born in Quezon City, Philippines (Moved to Canada at the age of 11) where he began street dancing. Dancing/training on concrete and various places (Battles/Cyphers). The life as a street dancer was very limited without a consistent training facility, and also the reputation as one wasn't very well recieved either. The Hip Hop culture wasn't spread out as far as it is now so he spent many years in the underground scene, practicing and fully understanding the culture. Truly, his career only began when he Co founded the Bucc N Flvr DANCE CREW in 2009, where the calibre and body of work had reached a new level, representing for Toronto, and Canada as a whole. Collaborating with various artists from local to international artists. Facilitating, mentoring and teaching workshops all across the country. Keeping true to the street dance and hip hop culture with traditional methods and ways of training, and always being in the mindset of a student. Matthew aims to maintain and carry on tradition for the love of the Hip Hop culture and the people.
- Flavorshop Student since 2010 under the tutelage of international choreographer Lenny Dela Pena aka "Lenny Len"
- Founder of Bucc N Flvr Crew (since 09)
- winners of Much Music's Dance Crews 2012.
- UDO Canadian Champions 2012 Represented Canada for UDO Worlds (England)
- Blackout 2k11 Champions (Mtl)
- STOMP 2010 champions (Tor)
- Performed for Recording Artist Kreesha Turner (TIFF) & (Nick Cannon charity event Hard Rock Cafe NYC)
- Much Music's NewMusicLive (NML Battlez, NML dance crews, Step up revolution promo episode)
- Breakfast Television (Tor)
- CBC (The Exhibitionists)